TVD 5x14: “No Exit” - Random Thoughts Of The Week
After a tideous hiatus (who am I kidding lol) here comes TVD again, and with it my humble recaps. Here we go
- The opening Denzo scene got me a feeling of déjà vu… cf. ep 3x01 with Klaus and Stefan. But we all know that nothing can top Klefan, so the Denzo stuff felt kinda flat. In a few words: boring stuff.
- "I don’t abandon my friends, Damon" This further proves that every single character on this fucking show is better than Damon Douchebag Salvatore. But didn’t we know that already?
- Stefan and Katlena studying history together. Yes because Stefan is so good with dates (ep 1x01), and because let’s face it, have you ever had a history teacher that looked so hot lying on a couch? That’s what I thought.
- "You are not turning Damon’s roosting chickens into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip". Preach it Caroline.
- "We all love Matt Donovan. Otherwise he would have been dead a long time ago". Katherine speaking the truth.
- Dr Wesley inflicting misery to Damon? I approve. Except the fact that I can’t find it in myself to care about Damon’s storyline. I truly can’t.
- "He’s crossed many lines before" "You mean when he actually killed Jeremy?" I love her so much for speaking the truth. Rare thing on this show.
- Katlena sabotaging Stefan’s car…THIS WAS HIS FAVORITE CAR KATHERINE AND YOU BROKE IT! Ok fine I’ll forgive her. The whole scene was cute by the way.
- Stefan: "You don’t know what it’s like being in love with you" THIS HURTS YOU GUYS, OK?
Song playing: ‘we could have had it all’
- “Because when I stay, I destroy things" let’s all take a moment to appreciate Damon’s (tiny) moment of clarity. Other than that? Boring stuff.
- OMG DAMON IS GONNA KILL ENZO. Black screen. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL. Just kidding, the actor tweeted the other day that he was in the episode 5x18. Spoiler alert dude!
- Ok, so here comes THE Dobsley chemistry. Stefan can’t take his eyes off of Katlena’s body. Poor baby this hurts. I bet it does for him too…ahem… bow chicka bow wow
- HOLY CRAP THE HOTNESS. Dobsley chemistry everywhere, it’s an explosion of sexiness at this point.
- " This is wrong. You and Damon just split up”. Rewind to episode 7, season 4 - Damon: “Stefan told me about the break-up. I’d say I’m sorry but I’m not” AND don’t forget to add the visual of Damon fucking Elena THE SAME FUCKING DAY STEFAN AND ELENA BROKE UP.
- Exhibit A - Conclusion: Stefan »»»»»Damon.
- Katlena wants Damon killed… I approve of the idea (duh) but careful Katherine, Stefan will kill himself first before he kills his brother (fml).
- Bonus points to Matt luring Nadia. The guy’s got brain cells and he can use ‘em sometimes.
- OH MY GOD THE EPIC FAIL DAMON COULDN’T RESIST HIS CRAVING AND DID FEED ON “ELENA” WHEREAS STEFAN HAD TO BE COMPELLED TWICE BY KLAUS (AN ORIGINAL) TO DO IT. ETERNAL LMAO.
- Exhibit B - Conclusion: Stefan »»»»»Damon
- I know haven’t commented on the interactions between Tyler and Caroline. Here’s the deal: as much as I adore Caroline, sleeping with Klaus - the guy who killed Tyler’s mother - was a bad move. Yes they were off, but the reality is brutal. And I can’t blame Tyler for the sense of betrayal he’s feeling. I’m glad he’s standing up for himself, that he won’t pull an atrocious Elena Gilbert on us, and forget what Klaus did to him. So yes, I’m team ‘both’ on this one.
- “You’re my brother, I’m not gonna give up on you. I never will”. Rant number 1: Ok so as I’ve already stated in my previous post, I am beyon sick and tired of this whole Stefan loves Damon unconditionally storyline. Yes Stefan is sefless, and noble, and such a loyal brother (and I love him for those traits) BUT as far as storytelling goes, it’s repetitive as fuck. We’ve seen many times that Stefan will always put his brother above anyone else but what about the other way around? When is Damon going to show that he can do something for his brother that doesn’t involve screwing the love of his brother’s life? Because THAT would be a refreshing storyline: to see that Damon loves his brother, because I’m doubtful.
- Tyler bit Nadia: well that’s the thing on TVD, characters come and go…And once Elena comes back (alas she will) there will be no room for Katherine’s daughter in the story. Therefore she’s a goner.
- Rant number 2: can the writers stop mentioning that Elena would never kiss Stefan so quickly after she broke up with Damon? HELLO, she did that to Stefan in the fourth season. Ok, she was sired to Eyeballs Mc Gee, but it doesn’t mean she didn’t fuck him the day after the break-up nevertheless AND let’s not forget that she never felt bad about it even when she’s wasn’t sired anymore (character assassination at its finest).
- Katherine is inside Elena’s body (once you put in that way, it makes it sound dirty, anyway). Stefan and Caroline figured it out! Huge plot-twist that we saw coming as soon as the synopsis of the episode came out.
So yes, Katherine’s secret is out…Sadly Elena will come back, it’s inevitable at this point *crying a river*. I’m kinda curious as to know how they’ll do it. And what will happen to Katherine then? In the meantime, let’s rewatch the hot Dobsley scene (that’s what I’ll do).
PS: Bonnie and Jeremy send their best regards…in between two make-out sessions…off screen ;)