TVD 5x22: “Home”- Random Thoughts Of The Week
This week was the week: the one where the Bullshit Diaries said goodbye to us after what turned out to be the worst season (so far), for the second year in a row. Nope, I don’t even wanna think about next season yet. Let’s enjoy our freedom first: a summer without Julie Plec and Caroline Dries.
But before we do that, let’s see what happened in the season finale of the TVD.
Stefan is dead, but his hair remains perfect. Magical.
Caroline cries…an unicorn dies somewhere.
Damon and Elena barely giving a fuck about Stefan’s death. How surprising. Not.
- LEXIIIIIIIIII. THAT is a face that I’m glad to see back on my screen. She always had Stefan’s back.
- "My brother is over there" This scene was so…bad. Because A) I don’t care that Damon’s feelings are hurt, and B) the acting was cringe-worthy. Besides, that smelled like a failed attempt to make us care about Defan somewhat. BUT…what is a Defan anyway?
- "Let’s not forget who else is at the top of the search and rescue list" Enzo…why is he even here?
- "Stefan saved your life" Looks like Caroline is the only one who keeps track of all the good deeds Stefan has done. Point for you girl.
- Caroline snapped Lukas’ neck without blinking. She’s the only one caring about getting Stefan back. This is so incredibly sad. But another point for Care.
- The Travelers…blah blah. Don’t care. Never have, never will.
- Michael Trevino is another actor whose talent is wasted on TVD. But I still want Tyler back because I love him, ok?
- Gosh all these mentions of Alaric mean that he will come back from the other side. Great, another character to prop Dullena. Just as if we didn’t have enough already. GAG ME.
- Lexi addressing the Steroline problem. This is really gonna happen next season, isn’t it? Crap S6 hasn’t started yet, and I’m already starting to hate it. Congrats Plec and Dries.
- SILAS!! *fangirling*
- "I feel like I’m teaching calculus to an infant" LOL Silas. His one-lines are always so perfectly delivered. Paul King Wesley ladies and gentlemen.
- "Is it a crime for someone so good- looking to be so sad all the time" Silas, you can’t understand what it’s like to have awful people such as Damon and Elena in your life.
- "Can we talk about the irony in us blowing up the only place dumb enough to hire us?" Another season passed, and one again Matt didn’t get a proper storyline. TVD writers, you suck so fucking much.
- "Project Kaboom needs someone to trigger the explosion" "OK. wait you?" Warning: rand ahead. First can we talk about the fact that Elena was completely fine with someone going on a suicide mission BEFORE she figured out it was Damon. THAT IS SO SICK. Secondly, she didn’t want Damon to sacrifice himself for his fucking brother, the person who has always put Damon before himself. THAT IS SO FUCKING SICK. You know what? Elena IS A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.
- Speaking of shit…I find it ridiculous that the writers couldn’t come up with a logical storyline, such as REMOTELY detonating a bomb or something to trigger the explosion. But hey, I’m using my brain here, so, nevermind. Still: Plec and Dries will always come up with contrived storylines to force the whole “Damon is a hero” down our throats. PS: Attempt failed.
“Elena, I’ve seen [a future with you] since the second I laid eyes on you" MY BULLSHIT METER IS GOING CRAZY IT’S NOT EVEN FUNNY. I mean, will you look at that. The writers are pretending either that we’re a bunch of idiots, either that we completely forgot what happened during the first three seasons of the show. Because if I remember correctly, the first time Damon laid eyes on Elena, he was still searching for Katherine, the love of his life. But yet you tell me he had already envisioned a future with her? Was that before or after he snapped his brother’s neck? When he abused her best friend maybe? Or tried to kill the other one? Or maybe while he was wishing for her to die? Geez guys, this love story was truly romantic from the beginning. Ha Ha Ha. No.
YOU KNOW WHAT WRITERS? FUCK YOU. PS: trying to make Dullena romantic? Another failed attempt.
- Of course the best new character of the season (aka Silas) had to go. Well done writers. Still, I love badass Bonnie who doesn’t take shit from anyone. So yep, I’m conflicted on this one.
- “It’s been my privilege to watch you grow into the beautiful woman you have become” OMG THE FEELS. The relationship between Bonnie and Grams has always been special to me.
- "I love you Bonnie". "I love you" THIS IS SO SAD I CANNOT.
- Elena and Damon want to blow themselves up, fully aware of the fact that they’re gonna come back. That’s not heroic, that’s a calculated risk. And beyond that: I don’t care so…
- "You need to come home to your brother" "No I can’t". WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN’T ELENA? You mean you put Damon above your own brother? This girl is too fare gone to be redeemable at this point.
- “When you get the girl" Oh look, bad habits die hard, Alaric is objectifying Elena. Again. Talk about another ruined character for DE. I’m so over this misogynistic stuff.
- "What kind of best friend would I be if you died before Stefan got his brother back?" OMG Lexi why do selfless? I know you mean it well for Stefan, but trust me, he’d be better off his jackass brother who only brought misery to his life.
- Damon didn’t make it through. Damon is dead. Whas that supposed to be a shocker? If so: you failed Plec and Dries, we had predicted that weeks ago. Further proof that you suck at being writers btw.
- Not giving a fuck about this self-centered bitch who only cares about Damon. Elena, you can cry me a river.
- Paul Wesley’s teary eyes = my heart breaking into a million pieces. FML
- Elena was the greatest thing that happend to Damon’s life?!? Heads-up jackass: without Stefan you wouldn’t have lived at all. GO FUCK YOURSELF.
- Also, can we talk about the fact that Damon didn’t even bother saying goodbye to his little brother? What a waisted occasion to highlight the relationship between the brothers. But nope, Damon kept his last chance to say goodbye for Elena. And then the writers expect me to root for Defan? This ship sinked a long time ago Plec and Dries.
- The last Bamon scene was so great though. I really loved it. No wonder that was Kat’s favorite scene of the episode.
Ok, well, that was once again an underwhelming finale. Alaric’s back but not Lexi. THIS IS A JOKE. But I get it, Plec has a lady boner for Ernesto too. The only thing I’m almost looking forward to are the Bamon scenes, because Kat and Ian have really nice chemistry (look at the way they looked at each other in the last scene). You have to be blind to not see it.
Except Bamon, I don’t even have one storyline I’m excited to see unfold. Stefan is gonna go dark I guess, Elena will pine over Damon, more Dullena being shoved down our throats, Steroline will happen (fanservice anyone?), Alaric will wear his Damon/Dullena shirt, Enzo will take screentime away from the core cast. Matt and Jeremy won’t have a proper storyline….
Yep, nothing interesting. My last hope is for the sixth season to be the last, so we can be free from TVD. I mean, based on the ratings, Plec and Dries should notice that the majority isn’t happy with the way the show is being handled. They should take a clue that their show is going downhill. But alas they have their heads too far up Damon/Ian’s ass to even realize this. So yes, I truly hope S6 will be the last, the show has run its course anyway.
With that being said, thanks to all of you who took time to read my weekly and humble thoughts. Not going to lie, talking shit about TVD with you all has become the most entertaning aspect of the show!
See you next season for another year of my ramblings, or whenever shit will come out of the writers’ mouth for some good ol’ rants ;)
PS: WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY FREE FROM PLEC AND DRIES FOR A WHILE!